Child Find Referrals
FDLRS Child Find, in coordination with school districts, assists in locating children who are potentially eligible for services under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and links them with needed services.
Child Find services help to promote general public awareness of programs and services available for young children who have or are at risk of developing disabilities. Service coordination for diagnostic screening, training, and support may also be provided.
FDLRS Miccosukee Child Find offers FREE Developmental Screenings for children ages 3 through 5, who are not currently enrolled in public school and reside in one of the following counties: Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Taylor, and Wakulla. Vision, hearing, motor skills, cognition, speech, language, and behavior skills are screened.
- If your child is enrolled in public school, please contact the school counselor at your child's school for assistance.
- If your child is 6 month through 2 years old, please contact Early Steps for more information Early Steps Referral Form | Children's Home Society of Florida (chsfl.org) or call (850) 921-0772.
For more information on FDLRS Child Find, please call (850) 561-6545 or contact one of our FDLRS Miccosukee Child Find Specialists:
Janie Register email@example.com
Lynne Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our online form: FDLRS Miccosukee Online Child Find Referral and a Child Find specialist will contact you regarding an appointment.
- Download the PDF: FDLRS Miccosukee Child Find Referral Form, and submit a hard copy of the referral. Completed forms may be submitted via: Email: email@example.com; Or by US Mail: FDLRS Miccosukee, 725 S. Calhoun Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Call our office at 850-561-6545 and speak to our receptionist about scheduling an appointment.
The Child Find Process
This graphic shows the steps in the Child Find process.